So where DO babies come from?!?
From the Jolly family, of course! That’s right—my best friends are pregnant with their first baby and I could not be MORE excited! There are so many things I love about the Jollys (I mean, the name is rad enough):
- They balance each other’s personality out perfectly
- They do things that are uniquely “them”
- They are both very creative
- They each have a great sense of humor with a healthy balance of snark, wit, and irreverence
- They don’t take life’s worries too seriously
- They really know how to whip up some delicious meals
- They lean towards more practical than emotional solutions to problems
- They care about the environment and about getting the most out of natural resources
- They have hearts of gold that give and serve out of the deepest love
It’s for those reasons and MANY more that I have no doubts in my mind that they are going to raise their child in a beautiful, healthy, safe, and loving environment. Bottom line: That kid is SUPER blessed because his/her parents are a powerhouse team!
Not only are they an amazing couple, but their friendship is pure gold to me. So naturally, I was beyond thrilled (and majorly honored) when they asked me to do a photo shoot for their Birth Announcement photo! We headed out to Ravenna Park and got everything set up to create a fun and simple shoot on a more natural (less modern) playground structure. They really wanted it to have a vintage minimalistic look, so I tried to keep the photo style simple and just let the happy couple . . . and Heather’s teeny tiny baby bump . . . shine through!
We also got some great outtakes from the shoot!
See, they really are SO much fun to be around! It’s no wonder I spend the majority of my free time doing things with them, right? 😉
CONGRATULATIONS to the Jolly family!
I’m looking forward to many more family photo shoots (and play-dates) with you!